Monday, March 10, 2008

Number Four; already making herself known...

Last Wednesday I went in to have the ultrasound because I am measuring too small. When they did the measurements of her body, she is showing herself to be smaller than she should be at this point. They want her to be at 10% and she was between 6 & 9. So they had me stay for a while to measure her heartrate and how well she was moving - called a nonstress test (NST). She looked okay, but not okay enough to put it all behind us. SOOO - I get to go in for twice weekly NST for the next 3 weeks, once weekly ultrasound to measure if her fluid levels are adequate, and another growth check ultrasound in 3 weeks (March 26).

I will honestly say that I am NOT worried. I am over 32 weeks now (7 1/2 months) - so even if something happened tomorrow (it won't), she would be fine. But it is something to be concerned over. If she doesn't catch up a bit or if she shows signs of stress or the fluid levels drop, they will have to deliver her early. In this situation, it is better to get her out and feed her so she can grow. But it would not be an emergent thing - we are watching her closely enough that there would be time to prepare her for an early delivery. So I am continuing with life and taking it easy - as before. I will have a stress test and meet with my doctor tomorrow -

God very obviously has a plan for this little lady - and for our family. His peace is evident and I am anxiously awaiting his plan for the coming days. There was a time in my life where I would have written that because that is what a good christian girl should say -but I will say that I TRULY believe it and can say that I totally trust his plan for my life.

Your prayers are appreciated - blessings to you!

No comments: