Thursday, February 25, 2010

Something was lost in translation...

We have been reading a Proverbs a day - whatever chapter corresponds to that day's date.

Tuesday, we were reading chapter 23, which at the end talks about not drinking too much wine and how it makes the mind fuzzy. I have not talked to my kids much about alcohol - but with those verses, we had a little discussion...

Mom: Remember the bottles that the grown-ups had at Christmas time? And the little bottles Mommy and Daddy drink at dinner sometimes? Well, those are kinds of wine. There isn't anything wrong with having a glass of wine, but...

Ryan:.. (interrupting) , yeah - yeah, mom, but if you have too much then you get too much high fructose corn syrup and that is bad for you...
Mom: (hysterically laughing....)

(when I told Leroy this, his statement was "well, you have successfully indoctrinated them!")

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ryan! I am on that soap box with you buddy! DOWN WITH HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP!
a