Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tempt-Your-Tummy Tuesday - Erica's Pumpkin Bread

Last night Erica wanted to bake (oh - what fun we will have!!!). She went through the few cookbooks I have out, couldn't find what she wanted. So I logged on to AllRecipes, created an account just for her, and showed her how to find recipes. She promptly found "the perfect brownie recipe", I showed her how to print it and off she went.

She isn't completely independent with baking yet, but she is getting there. Recipe directions aren't always that clear and she doesn't have enough experience to understand what is meant by some things. But she did this mostly on her own this time!

They were YUM! Especially cause she dumped a whole bunch of chocolate chips in it - a whole bunch. When Daddy tried them, his eyes got all big and he had seconds... a success! Erica now has her 'famous' pumpkin bread AND brownies!

  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil - or melted butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in walnuts, if desired. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Erica,
Cousin Andrea here.
I LOVE BROWNIES!!!
I'm just sayin.
I will be seeing you soon won't I?
We are supposed to bring food to share, aren't we?
Did I mention I love my pumpkin bread with chocolate chips?
Did I mention brownies are my very favorite EVER!!??
Just sayin.....
a