Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Appliance Adventures

Our fridge – when we came home from being gone a while back, the floor in front of our fridge was all warped and wet – there was a leak in the tubing running up the back of the fridge and it soaked the wall behind the fridge and ran down under the floor boards. Yippee. So the repairman came out today to take pictures, confirm our problems, and set the corporate wheels rolling for ‘property damage’. He will come out in 2 weeks to fix it since he had to order the part and the corporate people will come sometime next week to assess the damage and probably issue a check

And our dishwasher was not dish washing well – so another person came out to look at that (thank goodness for service plans) and found 4 toothpicks and a shrimp and a whole bunch of other goo that was gumming up the pump that got water to the top half of our DW. She cleaned it out, chastised me for not keeping the stainless steel cleaner (whatever – did she notice the 4 people crowded around her asking her what she was doing every 5 seconds?), and ordered a new electrical panel for the front since half the lights weren’t working.

Then it was 5 and time for dinner. Leroy and I looked at each other and I said – are you as fried as me? He agreed and we collapsed on the couch with the kids to watch an Extreme Home Makeover. Kids are finally in bed and I am off to sort through 2000 socks. Argh. I miss the girl I had last year who caught up my laundry for me. Oh that was so nice.

Good Night All.

No comments: