Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Final Doctors Appts!!!

Whew - no more bi-weekly dr appts!! Yeah! Today was my last one before Thursday! I had an NST (totally fine), Ultrasound fluid check (fine and unchanged), and then met with my wonderful Dr Dickason. During the ultrasound, I asked her if I could get a picture of her feet or hands - I have one with the other kids. But this one - no way. She wouldn't put her feet in any position to get a good picture. So she tried for the hands - but this little girl had her hands in fists. "Boy, she is gonna be a feisty one!" the tech said.

So then I went to meet with Dr D. I am still dilated to a 3 and 50% - unchanged despite the constant contractions had all day Monday and still today, although not nearly as regularly. I am still measuring 32-33 weeks when I am just about 38. She said that this little girl is going to be little. I really do look only about 6-7 months along.

I had a list of questions for her - one was whether we should have a pediatrician in the room during delivery. She said no - I am full term and the baby has never shown any signs of distress. She said "in fact, babies that are growth restricted often come out squalling and totally feisty. Especially girls - they do better than boys most of the time." Hmm - that is interesting - she basically repeated what the ultrasound tech said. How funny!

So we are on for Thursday - I have to be there at 6 am - YUCKY!!! She said that she would be there at 8:30 to break my water and get things really rolling.

We are so excited. Erica is talking constantly about it - reminding everyone how many days we have left. I am in tears at the drop of the hat - thinking of my family and having a new baby, taking her to church, dressing her in all the adorable clothes we have gotten for her, even changing diapers and rocking her...

I am fully convinced that God allowed the stress of this pregnancy and the possibility of something being wrong to cause me to bond to this little girl in a way I may not have without it. God uses all things - he is not absent in my life. I am so thankful for this whole process - a process I would not have been through without the life of this little girl I am TOTALLY excited to meet!

I have an email and a blog post saved in draft form all ready to go - hopefully we will have wireless access in the hospital. Only 36 hours till I will have a baby in my arms and off my hips!!

No comments: