I almost talked myself out of calling him this morning, but the Lord kept me from irrational thinking... Anyway, when we got to the Dr's, Amanda had not gained any weight - still at 4#14oz which is what she was when we left the hospital 10 days ago. It totally caught me off guard when Dr Petersen said he thought we should admit her - that wasn't on my radar at all.
So here we are at St Pete's - in watch and wait mode. Labs, Lactation Consults, diaper counts... just tracking her more closely than we can at home. We are here for 2 or 3 days - but one day at a time. Erica asked me what happens if she doesn't gain weight while she is here - I told her that we would deal with that day when it comes, right now we are just doing what we can. We trust Dr Petersen to guide Amanda's care.
Thank you Grandma Reenie and Grandpa Clyde for helping to care for my other three treasures while we make sure this bonus treasure is healthy! Thank you dear friends and family for your support and prayers. I will update this daily - you can track us here.

Didn't I say that Amanda wouldn't be lost in the shuffle of being the 4th child? She is certainly making her presence memorable!
1 comment:
She is so very much a blessing and bonus. I could tell you were worried Monday night. You are in our prayers and we're here for you if you need us.
Post a Comment