You should have seen the email Leroy sent to me today outlining all that is happening this weekend. Craziness, I tell you, CRAYYY-ZEEEEE-NESSSSS!!!!
Today my goal is to be calm. … Breathe…. My life has been entirely too chaotic and it has prevented me from doing the things I normally do to take care of myself. I am getting back into it though and it is helping – but I am seeing the aftermath of our craziness in my own quick temper and short-ness with my kids, and of course, as it always happens, it comes out in them.
<sigh>
Listening to them talk to each other with such harshness made me see it all pretty honestly today… I was already working on being calm, but I see the need for that even more now.
We are not who we are supposed to be in this insanity – read what I received in one of my daily emails…
We have an expression that we use to describe someone who's out of sorts, who's not acting like the person we know her to be: "She's just not herself today." It's a marvelous, gracious phrase, for in a very real way, no one is quite himself today. There is more to us than we have seen. I know my wife is a goddess. I know she is more beautiful than she imagines. I have seen it slip out, seen moments of her glory. Suddenly, her beauty shines through, as though a veil has been lifted.
All of us have moments like this, glimpses of our true creation. They come unexpectedly and then fade again. Life for the most part keeps our glory hidden, cloaked by sin, or sorrow, or merely weariness. When I see an old woman, doubled over with arthritis, the hard years etched into her face… How truly wonderful it will be to see her in her youth again, the full flower of her beauty restored. (Desire , 116-17)
My kids are wonderful kids –
They are kind, tenderhearted, share quickly, compassionate, loving, beautiful … but the grind of daily life masks that at times. Times like now. I desire so much to bring out the best things that are true about them, and help them clean out and make better choices with the things that come in because we are caught unawares…
4 comments:
EXCELLENT post Jenn! I find myself in a similar position and will spend some time focusing us all back to what is important in life and get everyone to relax and work on staying calm.
Thanks for the inspiration...
Heidi (Messinger) Wilson
Jenn, sometimes you are my hero. You have a beautiful way of writing what every mom feels at some time in their lives. The anguish that sticks in our backs over what we've done poorly versus the love we feel when our little ones show us love. God is good in showing us mercy and I for one am so grateful for the other women in my life who do the same for me.
Thanks for sharing and for loving your kids so beautifully. I love you, sweet lady. KK
just love ya.
St. Theresa's Prayer: May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content knowing you are a child of God. Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.
love you cousin
a
Post a Comment