Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday - Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls

Last week I had volunteered to bring something for our CC Meeting on Tuesday morning. I thought I would just make a blueberry coffee cake or the like… but in checking my blogs that day, I came across this amazing recipe that was a big hit and I will SO be making them again. I bet they would freeze well too -
She called them Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls – DIVINE!! Chocolate, cinnamon, cream cheese, pastry… seriously, there is nothing wrong with that!
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 2 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/2 c. butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 T. cinnamon
  • 1/2 – 1 c. chocolate chips
image1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Stir in the milk and vanilla until combined. Knead by hand for about 30 seconds, just to work all the dough together. If the dough is sticky, add a bit more flour. Divide the dough in half.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
3. On a floured surface, roll out one half of the dough into a rectangle until it is about 1/4″ thick . Spread half of the cream cheese mixture onto the dough. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips on top of the cream cheese.
5. Roll the dough up tightly jelly-roll style. Cut log into about 10 evenly sized pieces and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top. Do NOT overbake.
6. Repeat process with second half of the dough and fillings.
I doubled this recipe – all the while thinking that these better turn out! Why do I try new things at 10 at night??? No room for mistakes… Oh well. I would roll the dough out a little thinner than 1/4" and roll them VERY tight, mine were gooey-er than the picture shows and the filling kind of oozed out. Mini chocolate chips would be good too and spread out the chocolate a little. Perfect with tea or coffee I bet and also wonderful to have warmed a bit with a glass of milk with the hubbie for a mini-date moment!
YUMMY!
Find all my recipes here

No comments: