Monday, November 1, 2010

Dreary Monday

After a beautiful night for trick or treating – we barely needed coats – we woke up this morning to serious rain and wind.

DSC03229

And because we were up LATE last night, we all slept in. Erica BEGGED me to let her make Bran Muffins – so that put breakfast out till 9:30.

DSC03214DSC03226

So we turned on the fire and did our schoolwork in the Dining Room and Living Room!

DSC03212

This afternoon we saw that we were being visited by a group of Tricolored Blackbirds! We have seen them a few blocks away at the storm water reservoir but have never seen them at our house until today. Their calls were so pretty that we opened the window and listened to them. By then the fire had roasted us so we needed the fresh air!

SONY DSC                       DSC03246 DSC03355 good

We even saw this red tailed hawk across the street – great to have a zoom lens!!

SONY DSC

I guess I am officially back to the blogging world! Now if I could just get a computer cord of my very own – using a borrowed one now…


No comments: