It has been a very eventful week! We started out with some serious snow at the start of the week that stayed all the way through Thursday! My sister Jill came on Tuesday with her 3 boys and they all lived outside – I wish I would have taken a picture of the pile of snow stuff that lived by our fireplace for 5 days!
We had some dear friends over on Thursday for Thanksgiving for a total of 17 people around the table – but unfortunately, the only pictures I took were that morning of breakfast…
…because Nathan welcomed our guests with up-chucking on the kitchen floor right after they arrived. Nice. I was quite distracted with trying to manage dinner and a sick little guy. This was after dinner was over – he wanted mom, and any time I stop moving lately, I fall asleep…
Friday was a quiet day – quiet time for all -
A visit to Jumping Jacks…
– and final planning for Thankgiving feast #2…
16 people this time – LOTS of yummy food – and a wonderful extended conversation time around the table.
Leroy took the kids to Jumping Jacks with the cousins for a final burn off for the evening – and at 8:15, I got a call that Amanda had followed Nate’s lead and up-chucked there at the fun center. Followed soon after by Ryan and then Nate again…
So I slept in the Living Room with my 3 sick kids. Manda threw up 15 times from 8 pm to 5 am – but she was finally willing to drink Gatorade and I think that brought her out of the worst of it.
We skipped Church, had leftovers for lunch, did lots of laundry, said goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa, watched Sound of Music and fell asleep on the couch, had breakfast for dinner -
And then tonight I found Manda on the floor.
“Manda – what’s wrong?”
“Mom, I give up.”
Yes – I think that says it all.
3 comments:
WOW Jenn what a week you have had! I pray the week to come is a better and healthier one and I hope you have some good memories of the holiday despite all the puking!!
Unreal. Manda, that's how I felt last week too. We all wish we could just lay on the floor sometimes.
That's one way to make me 'glad' i wasn't there... :(
Nathan too? Oh no!!! The next day on the way home from your house we stopped in at Cabelas where I overheard some employees talking about the employee who was throwing up and trying to get herself together to go home. I think this is the Great Thanksgiving Scurge!!!
Thank you for hosting and making such wonderful food! We had a wonderful time!!!
Post a Comment