Saturday, September 11, 2010

End of the first week

Miscellaneous Updates -

SONY DSC                       Ryan lost his tooth on Wednesday, but the Tooth Fairy was so busy (tired) that she was unable to make it until last night. He got an extra quarter for his disappointment – and a little boy was happy.

Nate has LOVED having “stuff to do” as he says it. I gave him this geo board with rubber bands and told him to make an A – no other direction. And this is what he came up with – WOW! DSC01720He LOVES school. He said going to bed one night, “I cant wait to see what things I have to do in my boxes in the morning!” DSC01723

DSC01555Manda is growing up and changing so much. She graduated from her high chair to the table – we now have our table permanently extended with a leaf – it feels really different.

And this is also the last picture I have of the Paci in use… 0820001558I unintentionally left it at home when we went camping last weekend, and she did just fine without it. A little whining, but pretty much unphased. So I decided that it was time. She cried for it that first night at home, and when I told her they were all gone, she says, clearly, “THEN GO GET SOME MORE!!!” but that only lasted 5 minutes and then she went to sleep just fine. Whew! She still has her blanket, so that helps. Next step is potty training – but that will have to be when Mommy is ready to take it on, and I am not right now.

I spend my days finding things like this around the house…

DSC01718

And outside, things are a-changing too. Guys have been here all week putting in a sprinkler system so we can have grass instead of straw…

SONY DSC

And yesterday, another crew, along with Grandpa and Leroy, started in with fencing!!

SONY DSC

I am very excited about this one – privacy, hopefully the HOA will begin to leave us alone, and we can put in a play structure right here:

SONY DSC

The question though for me is whether to get a play structure or a trampoline first?? What I really need is a place to send Nate to burn off some of his pent-up energy and I think a trampoline would most effectively accomplish that… but the kids would all love a swing and slide and playhouse. I don’t know – but we have to get it all done first and figure out the budget after that!

Off to do laundry I have not done all week, maybe bake some, and sew with my daughter!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many HOA's say your play structure can not be taller than your fence. Better check into that one quick! YIKES
a

Pam and Steve said...

Congrats on the yard! It's looking good. I'd vote for the play structure. More kids can be on it at the same time with out getting hurt. Love ya, DAD

Jill said...

It is all looking so good! Yeah for Mandie at the table and no paci! Nate is growing up so fast... I suppose that is happening to all the little people around us! LOVES!