I grew up with Cinnamon Toast. Toast, butter, and a premixed cinnamon and sugar. I remember very clearly mixing precisely 6 Tb of sugar to 2 tsp of cinnamon. To this day, I keep a container of premix ready to refill the shaker.
But according to The Pioneer Woman, that is the ABSOLUTE WORST WAY to make cinnamon toast. Why do I feel guilty that that is how I have always made it? I didnt think it was that bad. But after you try this, you might just agree with her and we now have a mix of this sitting in our fridge.
Oh.My.Goodness.
Cinnamon Toast Divine
Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn! (Or skip the baking and broil immediately.)
Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.
Still good cold.
Seriously ( yes, I know I have said that multiple times) you MUST try this.
3 comments:
Okay, how large is this pioneer woman really? Yes she has great recipes, but man she does like the calories. So do I. Maybe that is why I like her. hahahaha
Thank you for this one. I have not seen it in my cookbook, and the boys will love this! SERIOUSLY
a
yes of course it must be good - with words like 'smush' and 'completely' and 'dump' and 'bubbling'. Sounds like a dessert! Yum.
My kids love this and even Jef!
thanks
Post a Comment