Friday morning, we did morning routine as usual, and I told the kids we were gonna run some errands. We got in the car, drove to Leroy's work to bring him some breakfast, I invited him to come run some errands with us – and we went to the Puyallup Fair!!! We love surprising the kids like that! A friend of mine got us four free tickets (THANK YOU Robert and Michelle!!!) and so getting in cost us nothing and we had a great day!
Seriously!!
Next time I am packing lunches!!!
Amanda was too short to go on the Ferris Wheel - so Leroy took the big kids!
It was a long day for some of us...
The Working Farm Exhibit is Erica's favorite... the people were so helpful. You should have seen this kid's blistering hands - but he was so cheerful and kind to the kids - inviting one kid after another to come and saw some more. It was really great.'
Manda’s first fair ride – I think she liked it…
This is an actual picture – I wish there wasnt a sunspot on the Tiger lead car – what a perfect moment!!
Ryan got to choose what rides he wanted (2) and this was his second choice – and since I enjoy roller coasters more than Leroy – I got to go with him!!
Oh yeah – it was FUN! It has been YEARS since I have ridden a roller coaster! Ryan was not as enthused as I was – he spent much of the ride with his head down. But he wasn’t freaked out when it was over, so I bet I can convince him to do it again sometime! I know that I will have a fellow coaster lover in Nate - but I bet I can convince Ryan too.
Then there was the high-diving pirate show – the kids loved that!
And the crowning moment – elephant ears! Leroy’s favorite part of the fair and these were no disappointment! YUM!!! We had the kids watching for elephant ear hair in their teeth – but alas, they did not find any.
It was a great family day!!!
2 comments:
Surprise Family Days are AWESOME!!! So jealous of those elephant ears... but not so much the roller coaster ride!
Ditto, Jill. Love those ears, but you all know me and rollercoasters!
Great to surprise the kiddos, too.
Mom
Post a Comment