Monday, January 25, 2010

Balance

Balancing the needs of each child is impossibly hard.

Saturday is basketball for these few months. But Erica had an opportunity to 'model' in a bridal show (for a second year) run by a friend of ours. And what self-respecting girlie-girl could choose basketball over a free hair do, a pretty dress, flowers in her hair, and having people ooo and ah over you?

So first she had her hair done,


then I got to care for the littlest members of our family -


while Ryan had basketball -



and Erica was at the show with our friend and other friends -


then I dashed there to see the last of the event. But I missed it all - I was so sad. I regret now not getting a babysitter so I could spend the whole time with Erica. She told me later that she wished I had been there.

We work HARD to balance our time spent with each kid. But we don't always get it right. Missed it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember my theory,
you do the best you can,
and then pay for as many years of therapy as you think you messed up the kid!
I owe each of mine a couple years. hehehehehehe
a