Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tempt-your-Tummy Tuesday - Rosemary Bread

Ok - kind of a dorky title - but I wanted to find a way to share some of my favorite recipes with you on a regular basis. I read cooking blogs often and find some amazing recipes.

So I found this recipe "Rosemary Bread" on "Confessions of a Bake-a-holic" and OH MY HEAVENS it is deeee-lish!!! Hopefully my family who got to partake of it will comment and confirm just how yummy it was. I made a double batch for our group of 7 adults and 10 kids and it was GONE! I like how low maintenance it is to make - very straight-forward.

I wish I had taken a picture of the loaves I made but you will have to settle for a stolen image from the originators site:


I do not have a pizza stone so I used an upside-down cookie sheet with parchment paper. I was not able to bake mine after the last 10 minute rise time, and because I made a double batch, I had to cook them one at a time, but it didn't matter. They both turned out spectacular and rose higher than it looks like in this picture and were still YUM!

If you try it, will you comment or email me and let me know? My husband and kids are still begging me to make this again - oh, you bet I will. I think this bread might interact with my elliptical and my New Years Goals... bummer. Too good to pass up.

3 comments:

Daniel Slocum said...

You can borrow our pizza stone if you make us some! :)

SB said...

what are you talking about, that bread was gross. ;) (I was just thinking a few minutes ago about when I am going to get the time to try making it!!)

Jill said...

I made this just a few nights later for M&D and S&A... turned out just as yummy! Fabulously easy to make and delish with any meal!