Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tempt Your Tummy Tuesday - Most Delicious Danishes

So for Christmas this year for my mom's family Christmas, we had a Christmas Brunch. That has become a favorite for the fam, it gives those family members who have to travel home extra time during the day. And doing breakfast is always fun.

My sisters and I were charged with bringing Cinnamon Rolls. A tall order considering that my mom makes everyone's favorite Cinnamon Rolls... Aunt Audrey offered the easy way - just buy some but as if we could get away with that!!!

So Jill did make cinnamon rolls - totally up to par with my mom's, and Sarah and I worked together to make 2 coffee cakes and these most amazing creations! I have never had so much fun or laughed so hard while I was baking!



And yes, this is an actual picture of what we made!! They were beautiful AND totally delicious! And on top of that, very simple to make!

The recipe make enough for 4 danishes - enough to feed probably 20 people. They are SOO rich! We made one plain one, one we added frozen blueberries, and the other two, we added mom's raspberry jam to. There was TONS of cream cheese mix for the middles - roll out the dough a little thinner to make them bigger and the filling amount would be fine.

Most Delicious Danish

I need an excuse to make these again so anyone wanna come over and bake with me and we can split the final product? You bring the cream cheese and I will have the rest....

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'll come over!!!

You could freeze the non-cooked product or when it was all cooked...