Another YUMMY recipe... Something savory this time.
I have made this before - but I made it at New Years too. Costco has YUMMY Pork roasts that are perfect for it. Make sure you poke the roast all over to get the marinate into the meat. I also like to mix it up and then freeze it - great to pull out for a ready-made dinner. I make it with roasted potatoes and steamed veggies. (that rosemary bread goes great too!). We did it on the BBQ this time - in a pan to save the marinate - and it was YUM! I cook it to 140 and then let it sit for 15 minutes covered in tinfoil to cook up a bit more. Oh, and the smell of vinegar can be pretty strong while cooking - but it is not a huge flavor when eating. The kids weren't bothered at all (heehee). And the leftovers make yummy pork fried rice!
Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin
2 tablespoons steak seasoning rub (I half this, using Montreal Steak Seasoning, which is a pretty strong seasoning.)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2-4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
1. In a resealable plastic bag, dissolve steak seasoning in the balsamic vinegar, then stir in olive oil.
2. Add pork to marinade, squeeze out air and seal bag; marinate 2 hours to overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Place pork into a glass baking dish along with marinade. Bake in preheated oven, basting occasionally until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 1 hour. Let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
No comments:
Post a Comment