Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday

I wish I could have found my camera to take a picture of this, but I don't think the picture would have done justice anyway...

I am home today with children #3 & 4 cause #1 & 2 are with dad at basketball games. In an effort to corral them while I fixed lunch, I put them in a bath, which they LOVE. Our bathroom is a direct line of sight from the kitchen, but I hadn't looked at them for a bit, just listening to their funny 3 and 1 year old banter.

I realized it had been quiet for a while and I walked in to check on them. Quiet is not a good sign.

I found Nathan with my conditioner (handy for him, it has a pump top on it) and he had smeared Amanda with SOOOO much conditioner, she had an eerie white sheen to her. Mostly her hair. "Mom, I got Amanda soapy for you!"
He had also pulled a towel into the bath with them and had it covered in conditioner too. "It's our bath blanket, Mom!" There was so much conditioner in the bath with them that it was floating in clumps on the water. And it was smeared ALL over the edges and walls of the tub. I just laughed and laughed as I drained the water out, rinsed the towel out, hosed off the children, hosed them some more, reshampooed their hair, and rinsed (and rinsed and rinsed and rinsed) the bathtub out. It's too bad that laughing hurts so much. (remember?)

After all that conditioning, why was Amanda's hair more tangled than I have ever seen it?

No comments: