Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hysterical

So Leroy and I have a date night on Wednesday nights. Have for quite a while now. It is a GOOD, GOOD thing and we really enjoy it. Sometimes we do grocery shopping or errand running - hey - even that is enjoyable without little people - and better than doing it alone. We have gone to movies, had dinner with friends, bought my new camera... depends on what is needed that week.

We always eat dinner. Sometimes we pick up Taco Bell, sometimes we eat at a really nice resturant, sometimes we use a coupon and go to IHOP. As a (wife) rule, we avoid buffet resturants at all costs...or rather, I steer Leroy away from them for the good of all involved...

Tonight we ate at Olive Garden. The server was great - very quiet and unassuming - until the end. Leroy had asked for a refill of soup and the server kind of never brought it, but when he came back, Leroy had changed his mind.

Leroy: "Um, nevermind about the soup..."

Server: "Oh, really - changed your mind?"

Leroy says: "Yeah - by the time I finished this [the main course], I realized I didn't need it..."

Server, as he takes away Leroy's plate: "Yeah, part of my job is to take your food away before you hurt yourself..."

[Insert Jennifer hysterically laughing]

[Jennifer is STILL hysterically laughing...]

1 comment: