I know I am gonna LOVE this camera. I am going to read through the manual and take some classes offered by the camera shop I bought it through - and try and figure out this new language I have entered into. But already, I love the detail this camera gives.

The things in the picture are so much more defined - hair, carpet, the shadows - she was a happy model for me.
And this is what I wanted most of all. I wanted a camera that would take pictures with a more narrow field of focus than I could get my point-and-shoot to do.
I love how her fingers and the book are in focus and her face isn't. I love the shadowing that happened with all the natural light in my house. It is a little dark, but the potential is wonderful. And when I figure out how to REALLY use it - that is so exciting!
2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL Jennifer! I am so jealous! :-)
Doing good Jenn. Play with the Av shooting mode and increase, decrease the Aperture to bring even more or less of her in focus next time. The focus depth or DOF (depth of focus) is largely dependent on that setting. It also matters how much you zoom, but that's another story all together. :) In Av you control the Aperture and the camera automatically controls the shutter speed based on it's light reading.
Post a Comment