Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nate-ster


When Amanda first broke her leg, she was in a splint. The day before she got her cast, she managed to wiggle out of the splint, and I had to take it apart and re-wrap it.

Nate stood by quietly watching, with a perplexed look on his face.

Later, he says, "Mom, Amanda didn't break her leg..."
Me, "Yes she did."
Nate - "No, I saw it, it wasnt broken."
Me, "Oh Nate, she didn't break her whole leg, just the bone inside her leg."

(smile)

Now, whenever he hears us tell someone she broke her leg, he leans over in a conspiratorial way with his hand shielding his mouth, and whispers, "Make sure you tell them that she didn't break her whole leg, just the bone inside."

Sure, Nate. We will make sure they understand....

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love that boy!!! He just makes me smile and laugh and shake my head in a way that will make my day... Loves Nate!

SB said...

that is just classic. so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love it when someone will kindly explain things! Way to go Nate!
a