Thursday, April 29, 2010

Preschool

Balancing 3rd grade, K/1st grade, preschool, and daycare all at the same time is probably the biggest struggle I have during my day. Well, that and my housekeeping, cooking, laundry, handyman, secretary, friend, nurse, wife duties... but that is a whole other post...

Nate and Mandy spend some of school time ransacking my house. They jump from activity to activity and leave a mess in their wake. I set them up with activities, but they have about the same attention span, so it doesn't last long. But Amanda is now to the place where she really can play with Nate and they have FUN making up stories and activities. She plays with her dolls and he with the dinosaurs and they get the funniest little interactions going. And they spontaneously burst into song... at the top of their lungs. Oh, what a fun life we have.

Yesterday I found them chilling out on the couch, apparently taking a break from the strenous play schedule...



I have started doing more intentional teaching with Nathan lately - he has specifically asked "what can I do for school, mom?" He gets mad that Erica and Ryan can read but he can't. Leaves him feeling left out. So I have printed some worksheets off the internet, pulled out the workbooks I have and working to more formally and methodically introduce letters and numbers to him. He gets it more than he lets on.. as evidenced by what he showed me today... his own idea and figured out all on his own. "Hey, Mom! Look what I did!"

(side note: can you tell which picts were taken with my point-&-shoot and which with my new fantabulous camera?)

1 comment:

Jill said...

My guess: first 2 are from the point and shoot...? The last one is DEFINATELY from the new fantabulous camera (JEALOUS!!!)

Good for NATE!!!