One of the best things about homeschooling is how often I catch my older kids teaching something to the littler kids. Here is one example.
One of the older kids' chores is to empty the dishwasher. Yesterday, I observed this little training session:
Erica had set Amanda up in her high chair and was handing her a utensil at a time and Manda would put it away. If you notice the look on Erica's face - Amanda would put the utensil intentionally in the wrong slot, Erica would say "Amandaaaaa" with that look and Manda would pick it up and it in the right slot. It was HYSTERICAL!
Erica is SOOO patient in teaching - it is certainly one of her gifts. And she is an encourager too - she cheered Amanda on with each fork, knife and spoon she put away.

And the funniest thing of all is that Amanda sticks her tongue out when she is working or thinking, just like her dad. I have seen all the kids do it at some point or another, but she and Ryan are the ones who do it consistently.

One of the older kids' chores is to empty the dishwasher. Yesterday, I observed this little training session:
Erica is SOOO patient in teaching - it is certainly one of her gifts. And she is an encourager too - she cheered Amanda on with each fork, knife and spoon she put away.
And the funniest thing of all is that Amanda sticks her tongue out when she is working or thinking, just like her dad. I have seen all the kids do it at some point or another, but she and Ryan are the ones who do it consistently.

No comments:
Post a Comment