Tuesday, May 18, 2010

An Amazing Accomplishment!


My beautiful Grandparents have their 840 month anniversary today - or 70 years. My grandfather had celebrated every single month anniversary for all of those 70 years... amazing. The way they love each other and love their family is an example to all of us. They are so connected that once at a gathering, they were across the room from each other and suddenly Grandpa came over and sat down next to Grandma and asked her if she was okay and 30 seconds later, she passed out. She has heart troubles and she was fine, but they are so connected that he intuitively knew something was happening to her before it even did.

I have used their love as an example for a debate that often happens in church circles - the debate over "predestination" or the idea that God already knows what is going to happen in our lives so what role do we REALLY play in the happenings in our lives? Of course, there is no concrete answer to that... but when that conversation came up recently with someone who came to my door, I said this - "My grandparents have been married for 70 years. If my grandma asks my grandpa a question, she has a pretty good idea what he might say. And she is probably going to be right. But he still has the free will to make his own choice - she just knows him so well that she pretty much knows what he is going to say. And how much better does God know me and the choices I am going to make in my life and where that is going to take me???

I am blessed to have these amazing people in my life - and also my dad's parents who have been married for 62 years, Leroy's parents for 50 years in July, my parents for 40 years in August, and well, Leroy and I will celebrate 15 years next month. It is no easy road... that is FOR SURE - but a road well travelled before me is a great view to have.

I love you Grandma and Grandpa!!!

3 comments:

LilPrecious said...

WOW Jenn! I don't know them but feel compelled to congratulate them! What an AWESOME example to have in your life! From what I've read of them on your blog they seem like VERY special people...

Early congratulations to you and Leroy on your 15th... Charlton and I will celebrate our 10th tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,
You are an amazing and brilliant woman. Seth was just asking me yesterday if I believed in fate. Now I know what to tell him thanks to your brilliant insight! I feel like a light bulb has gone off in my head. Bless you for the brilliant insight! Praise God.
a

Pam and Steve said...

What a beautiful tribute! Thanks for making their love (& faith) an example in your life! I love you verrrrry much!!!
Mom