Friday, May 7, 2010

Birds

We have a bird feeder outside our dining room window and bird watching has become a regular part of every day. We have our Audubon Guide books sitting right in that window.

(Black Capped Chickadee)

The kids have learned how to look things up and figure out what bird we have seen. So they know what all the birds are - it is fun to watch what comes and goes at the feeders.

(White Crowned Sparrow)

I put a hummingbird feeder up this year and we have had at least 2 different species come visit.

(Rufous Hummingbird)

There are lots of other species of birds around here - I see them in the yard and flying around. But they aren't attracted to our feeder. I need to figure out what other kinds of seeds to get to bring them in.


I would love to just plant myself down in front of the window with my camera and wait for the next bird to show up. As if I have time to do that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY COW! You can even see the wings on the humming bird! Look out National Geographic! Here comes Jennifer!
a