Monday, May 24, 2010

Prophetic...

Well, today has been an interesting and eventful day. I laughed out loud when I realized what I had posted for this morning... If I had only known, I would have been very afraid...

Amanda woke up this morning at 6am having vomited all over her bed. YUCK! And she continued to every 20 or 30 minutes until about 5 tonight. We went to the doctors at 2 and he admitted her to the hospital. Wahoo!

So here I am, using a wireless keyboard IN HER ROOM (hospitals have come a long way!!) that accesses the internet with the TV. Crazy.

It is 11:10 and she is asleep, and she was able to tke some ice chips and keep them down. But she was getting a fever earlier and had some diarrhea, so who knows what is coming. Her labs were okay so we caught it early, which is good. She has very little reserve at 2 years old and 21.6 pounds (10 kilos for my Aussie readers... :) So I am thankful that we caught it early.

I am going to try and sleep on this thing they call a bed and see what tomorrow holds when it gets here!!

Good night my friends!!

3 comments:

Daniel W. Slocum said...

Glad you all caught it. Hope you get some sleep. Hey.. Don't forget, there are other nurses there that are responsible. Chillax and let them help.

SB said...

your ONE "Aussie" reader isn't so un-American as to not understand pounds. hahahaha, at least you have some humour left after today, that's a good sign!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jennifer. I am so sorry. Good you can be where you have helpers and she can be hydrated. Spring is hard to be healthy through!
a