Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday

Well, we were supposed to be running frantically around the house getting ready to go camping... but it was not to be. Instead, it is windy and rainy and I have a recovering toddler asleep upstairs. We are all bummed - but my blessed children are great - they totally understand.

Amanda is heaps better today - she has not thrown up at all. She still has horrible diarrhea - just so you know :). I hope to be able to get out of the house to do SOMETHING fun this weekend - but the weather is disgustingly wet and cold and windy so I don't know how likely that is.

*******************************************************************

On a separate note, we have been seeing some great birds and trying to catch them on camera. Erica is becoming quite the ornithologist - she is learning the different things to look at on birds to determine what kind of bird they are - beaks, legs, coloring, markings, eye marks... she is amazing. The kids got me this beautiful, amazing book for Mother's Day and we have used it so much it is already falling apart.
She has been catching birds on her own little camera - amazing. She caught this mourning dove when she was out taking pictures of our garden -

And she followed it around the front of the house and caught it in flight!

Leroy has even gotten into it - he caught this Northern Flicker with my camera while we were in the hospital.

And he caught it in flight!

Now this little guy -

I have no idea what he is - any ideas? I thought his little horns were from the wind, or an abberation, but we have seen him here for two springs now, so I would love to know what he is.

And this pair frequents our bird feeder - they are House Finches.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Daniel W. Slocum said...

You guys are doing great!